By Glenda Harrison, Sierra Pacific Real Estate
Spring is in the air!! Are you contemplating selling your home? Is your home listed but you aren't getting offers? Get your home ready for the Spring buying season with these 7 easy tips:
1. Retouch the Front Shell - Touching up the paint on the front-entry portion of the house can be an inexpensive but effective way to make the entire property more inviting. You would be amazed by the amount of people that drive by a house and say, “Ah, that's not for me.” Buyers tend to judge the interior of a home by the exterior.
2. Trim the Greenery - Ensuring that your property's landscaping is well maintained helps make your home more alluring to prospective buyers as well. Property owners can hire professional landscapers or break out the lawn mower and get busy themselves. Trim the trees, trim the hedges and add a little color to the flower beds.
3. Paint the Interior - Putting a fresh coat of paint on the home's interior is a cost-effective way for sellers to make their home more appealing to buyers, but when choosing the color, homeowners should be conservative. The caution is that your favorite color may not be the favorite color of the buyer.
4. Don't Forget the Floors - Improving the condition of a home's flooring is also a smart move for sellersand you don't need to refinish wood floors or install new carpets to make them more attractive. Re-buff the hardwood floors and/or have the carpets and tile cleaned.
5. New Light Fixtures - Replacing old or broken light fixtures with new ones can also be a low-cost way to add value. Installing a nice new light fixture in the foyer near the home's entrance can be a particular benefit.
6. Freshen Up the Bathrooms
Getting rid of mildew stains on the bathroom caulking can boost a home's appeal as well. Such stains scream, 'These people haven't taken care of this house. It's going to be a money pit.” Use a razor blade to remove the old caulk, and replace it with new, mildew-resistant caulk.
7. New Stove in the Kitchen - While some homeowners might think the only way to jazz up a dated kitchen is a full-on remodeling job, a much less costly alternative is buying a new stove. If there is an updated stove in the kitchen, it is amazing how that draws people in!
Be sure to contact a local Merchant Realtor with all your Realtor needs and questions.