Thursday, May 10, 2012

Why Travel Insurance?

By Gerry Hinkle, Independent Travel Agent, Goldrush Getaways

In a world of uncertainty, travel insurance has never been more important. According to a recent survey, 17 percent of people who buy travel insurance actually wind up filing a claim.  That's fairly high compared with other types insurance, considering that one of the fundamental reasons for insurance is that most people won't use it - if they did, policies would be unaffordable. 

Just ask yourself the following questions:
• Can I risk losing my vacation investment if something goes wrong due to illness, weather or other unforeseen circumstances?
• If I have to cut my trip short due to an emergency, can I afford the cost of a return airline trip home?
• Does my health insurance provide coverage away from home and out of the country?  What if I become ill or I am injured while traveling?
• If my bags are lost or I have to spend an extra night because of weather-related problems, can I afford to buy necessities and pay for extra lodging? 
 In difficult economic times, it is common for travelers to cut out the insurance element to their vacation to save money, but for some, travel insurance can turn out to be a wise investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment