From Christine Schlittenhart’s Kitchen
½ cup light or regular mayonnaise
½ cup milk or half-n-half
4 eggs, lightly beaten
8 ounces of shredded pepper-jack cheese
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
¼ cup chopped red onion
¼ cup chopped green or red pepper
Garlic salt & pepper to taste
Minced garlic to taste
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell, using a deep dish pie plate
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
• In a large bowl, whisk together mayo & milk until smooth. Whisk in eggs. Add salt & pepper.
• In skillet, saute' onion, peppers, minced garlic & patted dry spinach.
• Layer spinach & cheese in unbaked pie shell, making several layers of each.
• Pour in egg mixture. Place quiche on prepared cookie sheet. Cover quiche with foil.
• Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove cover & bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until top is golden brown & filling is set.