Joe Mumford Plumbing & Heating Co
What is a Tankless Water Heater? A tankless water heater only heats water when you need it. You get an endless source of hot water, while also saving money on energy costs by not heating and reheating the same tank of water. When opening a hot water tap or starting the dishwasher, the tankless water heater recognizes the need for hot water and starts the heating process. The temperature of the incoming water is used to calculate how much heat the burners must produce to deliver water at the desired temperature. When the demand for hot water ceases the unit shuts down and uses no energy, waiting until more hot water is needed. The end result -- hot water that is not limited to what’s available in your tank. You always have clean, hot water when you want it for as long as you need it!
Why Tankless vs. a Traditional Tank?
You can produce more hot water using less energy than the most efficient storage tank style heater. Tankless is the environmentally responsible water heating solution. It saves energy, saves space and saves you money.
• Endless Hot Water: Tankless water heaters heat the water you need, when you need it. Turning any water source into hot water on demand. You are not limited to the amount a storage tank heater can hold. Whether you are washing the dishes, washing your clothes, or drawing a hot bath, tankless water heater technology will supply endless hot water to your lifestyle demands-even if you do them all at once!
• Lower Energy Bills: Enjoy up to 50-75% energy savings with a tankless water heater - designed to be highly efficient because they only heat water when it is needed.
• Longevity: Tankless water heaters have a typical life of up to 20 years. This can be twice as long as a tank style unit!
• Space Savings: Traditional tank water heaters can take up to 16 square feet of valuable floor space. Tankless water heaters are about the size of a carry-on suitcase and can be installed on virtually any wall inside or outside of your home.
• Clean, Fresh Water: Traditional tank-style water heaters can build up rust and scale inside the tank. With tankless water heaters you will always experience fresh, clean water that is heated on demand, as it passes through the unit.
• Sustainable and “Green”: Tankless water heaters have earned ENERGY STAR approval by meeting the strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy, by using less energy and preventing greenhouse gas emissions.
There will be a live demonstration of a Tankless Water Heater at this year’s Pioneer Day in the park!