If your business is on Facebook or Twitter or Google+ - it’s likely you find yourself wondering what to post. Fans and followers on these sites are interested in being connected with businesses because they offer value. If every message you post is focused on “Buy Now” or “Call Today” - odds are your fans are not very engaged. Try adding some of these posts to increase the value you deliver and get more people to see your posts.
• Quick Tips - These can be text-only posts that relay something that people don’t know or often forget about.
• Product Review - You know what works and people love to hear your opinion on what’s the best buy. Pick an item that relates to your industry, write a review and share!
• Testimonials & Reviews - Post a recent review from a client. Including a picture is a great bonus or link to your Yelp page.
• Link to 3rd Party Resources - Your fans know you don’t have all the answers but you still want to be the “go-to” person that keeps them in the know. Link to articles from the big names and brands to keep them informed.
• Timely Information - Let people know what’s happening with you, in the industry and in the news.
• Local Information - Let people know what’s happening in your area and share feedback on other businesses. This will also set you up well with local businesses who might share info about you on Facebook.
• Coupon or Discount - Fans like to feel special so show them you appreciate their connection with a “fan only” discount or coupon.
• Contests & Giveaways - Contests and giveaways can be a great way to get people involved and capture their email. Make sure your prizes are substantial to get people excited. Use a system like Woobox.com to collect email entries and pick a winner.
• Quote, Joke or Story - A quick inspirational quote, funny joke or a short story about your adventures is a great post that is fast to make and creates a feeling of connection for fans. These kinds of posts tend to get AWESOME engagement (likes & comments).
Whatever you do - do it consistently! Make sure your fans are hearing from you at least twice a week and don’t forget to interact with fan comments.