Thursday, April 18, 2019

Coming Home

By Kari Losko, Placer Hills United Methodist Church

Sixty years ago my family moved from Washington State to Auburn, California.  My sister and I were babies.  My mother was searching for a church to baptize us.  She ventured out to Meadow Vista and found the Placer Hills United Methodist Church, which was the Brethren Church at that time.
As life went on, my family attended St. Pauls Lutheran Church in Auburn as it was closer to our home.  After my dad retired, my parents moved to Idaho.  Recently when they came for a visit, we were driving to the a Holiday Market and my mother pointed to the Methodist Church and said:  "that's where you and your sister were baptized".  What a surprise to find out that this cute little white church nestled in the trees was our Baptismal Church.
My husband and I as a resident of Meadow Vista had been looking to join a church.  One beautiful Sunday morning, we attended the Methodist Church, and as soon as we walked in we were greeted with kindness and a warm feeling from the people.  It was like walking back in time, sort of a "Praire Home Companion" feeling for me.  I felt like I was home.  My sister was so glad that we reconnected with the church that she and her husband drive all the way up from Lincoln every Sunday.  It's a great feeling to have this history with my church.

No comments:

Post a Comment