By Christine Schlittenhart, Sierra Pacific Real Estate
Have you ever wondered what brought our residents to this wonderful town we live in? Was it family, friends, or was I-80 closed due to weather and they found our town by accident? I'm always asked, “Where do you people work”? Hopefully this little questionnaire will remind us all what a great town we live in and how thankful we are to have such a beautiful, special place to call home.
Residents: Jerry and Wendy Southerland• When did you move to Meadow Vista? We moved to Meadow Vista in 1996.
• What brought you to Meadow Vista? The country living and beautiful scenery is what brought us to Meadow Vista. We thought it would be the perfect place to raise our 3 children. My husband and I have lived around the area for a long time and had always heard good things about the town.
• Where do you work? Jerry works for Clyde G. Steagall, Inc. based out of Loomis and I enjoy being a “stay at home” Mom.
• Please share an experience that demonstrates why you love Meadow Vista: We have many deer that run through our property and over this past year one kept coming to visit every day, and eventually I (Wendy) got the chance to feed her. She now has two fawns that she brings into my yard and they actually let me feed them and eat right out of my hands! That is a wonderful experience of living here in Meadow Vista.
• Do you ever see yourself leaving Meadow Vista? No, definitely not. We have lived in our house for 15 years now, and have loved every minute of it. It's a quiet, peaceful place to live and raising our kids here was a great choice.
Residents: Russ and Dana Zeller
• When did you move to Meadow Vista? 1994
• What brought you to Meadow Vista? We were able to relocate from San Jose' due to our employment and we were familiar with the Gold Country through friends. We started searching for good schools for our daughter, Alexandra and through a very knowledgeable Realtor we discovered Meadow Vista!
• Where do you work? I (Russ) work for Specialty Steel Services in Roseville. Dana has been working for a local dermatologist, in Auburn for almost 15 years.
• Please share an experience that demonstrates why you love Meadow Vista: Even through these growth years, Meadow Vista has maintained its small town charm. We also always look forward to the annual Oktoberfest event. It's a great night spent running into old friends, new friends and a chance to meet new neighbors.
• Do you ever see yourself leaving Meadow Vista? We love it here and don't foresee a need to leave. Hopefully we can live out our lives here.
Would you like to share your special Meadow Vista story? Email me at