Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ask A Merchant: Why Did You Move to Meadow Vista??

By Christine Schlittenhart, Sierra Pacific Real Estate

Shannon Smith, Resident and Owner of Stroller Strides
When did you move to Meadow Vista?  2005
What brought you to Meadow Vista? Family oriented small town. Love the park!
Please share an experience that demonstrates why you love Meadow Vista: As a mother of six, I love having the beautiful park so close to home. We've exercised there, played there, homeschooled there, played baseball, basketball and tennis there, picniced there, explored the pond there, and fed the geese. We really enjoy the beauty and atmosphere.
Do you ever see yourself leaving Meadow Vista?  No, this is the perfect place to raise a family!

Scott Thompson, Resident and Owner of Winning With Smiles, Pediatric Dentistry
When did you move to Meadow Vista?  I first visited Meadow Vista in 2000.  After visiting many areas in the high foothills, I rented in Meadow Vista for 1 year in 2002. I purchased my home in Meadow Vista in 2003.
What brought you to Meadow Vista?  I grew up in Montana and love the outdoors and the mountains. The Pacific Coast is certainly beautiful and I thoroughly enjoy visiting it, but my heart prefers the mountains for living.  When I found myself tied by family and profession to California, I took an opportunity to move to the mountains. Two years of searching different locations brought me to Meadow Vista.  This town is off the beaten track, quiet with plenty of space, close to the snow, the river and a climate that sees 4 seasons.
Please share an experience that demonstrates why you love Meadow Vista: In the winter, I can wake up and have my breakfast looking out at woods, deer, squirrels and birds while deciding if it will be a good day for skiing, which is less than an hour away at Donner Summit. In the summer, I can finish my day's work and still get to the river with a friend for a couple hours of whitewater kayaking and be out of the water to watch the sunset and come home.  Despite living in an area with spacious 1 - 2 acre lots, I can walk (20 minutes) or bike (5 - 10 minutes) to the supermarket, pharmacy, the hardware store, Jeff's Mountain Auto service, my attorney Eric, the Vista Cafe for early morning coffee or a great sandwich, and a plethora of other businesses.
Do you ever see yourself leaving Meadow Vista?  When I need help living, if my family hasn't moved back and invited me to live with them, then I will move to a retirement place.

Marc Krupin, Resident and Owner of Cascade Gardens
When did you move to Meadow Vista?  1999
What brought you to Meadow Vista?  To attend Live Oak Waldorf School.
Please share an experience that demonstrates why you love Meadow Vista: Never having to lock my doors. 
Do you ever see yourself leaving Meadow Vista?  I don't know if I'll ever leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment